Richmond Family Dentistry is committed to respecting our visitors’ privacy and protecting their personal information from misuse or unauthorized disclosure and complying with privacy laws.
Richmond Family Dentistry values its reputation and aims to maintain high ethical standards in the conduct of our business affairs.
Richmond Family Dentistry ("us", "we", or "our") operates www.richmondfamilydentistry.com (the "Site"). This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use and disclosure of Personal Information we receive from users of the Site. We use your Personal Information only for providing and improving the Site. By using the Site, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
We will not collect any information about you without your explicit consent.
We will ask your consent every time we need to collect personal information about you.
We will explain in clear simple terms why we want to collect your information and what we will do with it, before seeking your consent, so you are fully informed. You will be given a clear and unambiguous option to opt in to any communications or services we might want to offer you.
All data is collected directly from you, the individual. We do not collect any of your personal data from any other sources. This includes any publicly accessible lists and or data sources, whether in the public domain or if we have a legitimate interest to be able to access those sources legally.
WHAT DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION FOR?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- Identify you as a user in our system
- Provide you with the Services and complete your transactions;
- Provide you with customer support;
- Help understand your needs and tailor the features and content of the services to you;
- Respond to and, as applicable, fulfill your requests, resolve disputes and/or troubleshoot problems;
- Send you administrative e-mail notifications, such as security, or support and maintenance advisories;
- Send newsletters, surveys, offers, and other promotional materials related to our Services and for other marketing purposes;
- Improve the quality and functionality of the services;
- Share with our third-party software and services providers in order to facilitate our communications; and
- Communicate with you about our services.
Any and all data in respect of – ‘What Information Do We Collect?’ is not subject to any automated decision making. We do not profile you using your data, any actions taken by us or our systems are as a direct result of explicit requests or consents you have chosen.
There are no foreseeable consequences of any significance in respect of providing the data or being removed from the records, except that we will not be able to contact you.
HOW DO WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION?
We will store and process your data following industry best practices and security.
We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that there are appropriate arrangements in place that include provisions covering the appropriate secure transfer, handling and processing of the personal information by those entities and third parties.
DO WE DISCLOSE ANY INFORMATION TO OUTSIDE PARTIES?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you. Where processing takes place by one of our trusted data processors, we ensure that our contracts with those third parties contain the appropriate GDPR / PIPEDA model clauses and that all our third parties are also compliant with the GDPR, PIPEDA this affords your data the same protection away from our organization, as it does within it.
We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
THIRD PARTY LINKS
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
YOUR RIGHTS AS AN INDIVIDUAL IN RESPECT OF THE DATA WE HOLD
We respect the rights and freedom of individuals and as such we would like to make you aware of the following.
You have the right to:
- Request access to your data
- Request rectification of your data where there are errors or inaccuracies, or the data is not current
- Request that the data we hold is removed entirely from our systems
- Request us to restrict processing your data
- Object to our processing your data
- Request your data in a format that is commonly used/accepted
- Send your data to another controller
- Withdraw consent already provided – at any time
Your information. Your rights. Our responsibilities.
This notice is used to describe how any medical information about you might be used or disclosed. It also describes how you can get access to the information that is utilized by our team. Please review this information carefully.
The terms of this Notice of Privacy Policies (hereby referred to as “Notice”) apply to our practice, Richmond Family Dentistry, as well as its affiliates, and its employees. Richmond Family Dentistry may share protected health information of our patients as needed to carry out certain operations as permitted by law, including treatment and payment.
We are required by law to maintain our patients’ privacy of their personal, protected health information. We are also required by law to provide patients with a notice of our specific legal duties and privacy practices regarding our patients’ protected health information. We are required to abide by the terms of this specific Notice as it remains in effect. We also reserve the right to alter the terms of this specific Notice as needed. We reserve the right to make a new notice of privacy practices effective for all protected health information maintained by our practice, Richmond Family Dentistry. We are also required to notify you if your protected health information has been breached or left unsecure. We are required to inform you that certain provision of state law may be more stringent based on the Federal Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, also known as “HIPPA.” Patients can obtain a copy of our revised notice of privacy practices or information regarding specific state laws by writing a formal require to the privacy officer at Richmond Family Dentistry.
The rights of the patient
You have the right to:
- Obtain a copy of your medical record (paper or electronic)
- Request communication remain confidential
- Request us to limit information shared with others
- Obtain a copy of whom information has been shared with in the past
- Obtain a copy of this specific privacy notice
- Select another individual to act on your behalf
- File a complaint if you feel your privacy rights have been violated
The choices available to you
You have some choices in the way that we use and share information as we:
- Notify friends and family regarding your dental conditions
- Market our practice services
You also have the right to complain or withdraw your consent. To exercise your above rights, send a written request to email@example.com