Specialized Services in Richmond VA
At Richmond Family Dentistry, we know how important it is for our patients to have access to specialized care. Dr. Olivia Hart of Glen Allen, VA can help patients improve the appearance and health of their smiles with the following specialized services available:
- Orofacial Myofunctional Therapy – Richmond Family Dentistry is excited to offer an Orofacial Myofunctional Therapy program, led by our biological hygienist and orofacial myofunctional therapist, Christine, RDH BSDH & OMT.
- Pediatric dentistry – pediatric dentistry allows Dr. Hart the chance to work with younger patients and provide them with the services they require to achieve a beautiful, healthy smile. Our practice proudly offers solutions for our younger patients including myobrace, ALF appliance for improving airway flow, and specialized bite services. Additionally, laser treatments are used instead of the drill when appropriate, avoiding the need in some cases for the application of anesthetics.
- Dental appliances and bite guards - Dr. Olivia Hart can evaluate patients who may benefit from specific dental devices such as bite and mouth guards. Patients with a diagnosis of TMJ/TMD use these appliances for treatment. Instead of performing surgeries or addressing poor bite alignment, our team may advise patients on the use of a specialized oral appliance that can be worn to reduce tension on the natural smile and address painful symptoms characterized by the temporomandibular joint conditions.
- Frenectomies - the frenum is a band of tissues that are on both the upper and lower parts of the mouth. The lower frenum can result in a tongue tie, as it may be tighter than usual between the bottom of the tone and the floor of the mouth. These tongue ties are often spotted in infants when they struggle with drinking correctly from the breast or bottle. The upper frenum can result in a lip tie, as it connects the lip to the gums. These can impact speech, and when cut by a holistic dentist, patients will experience improved mobility of the lips and tongue.
- Sedation dentistry - also known as “sleep dentistry,” sedation dentistry allows patients to rest easy and reduce anxieties when they are visiting the dental chair for treatment. We proudly offer two methods of sedation for our patients to choose from, including nitrous oxide sedation and oral conscious sedation. These are holistic and effective in addressing patient fear during their appointments and are common for both children and adults.
Interested in specialized dental procedures?
Dr. Olivia Hart of Richmond Family Dentistry is excited to offer several different specialized services under one roof, and she encourages patients to book an appointment to discuss their candidacy for these treatments. Call (804) 381-6238
or email us at email@example.com
today to schedule your initial visit
and educate yourself further on how special procedures can be used to ensure a beautiful, healthy smile free from decay and disease.