Ceramic implants are available in Glen Allen, VA
A missing tooth triggers a cascade of changes with a negative impact on your oral health, overall wellness, appearance, and self-esteem. Dental implants have become the preferred choice for long-term tooth replacement. Yet most implants are made of titanium. Health-conscious individuals in the Glen Allen, VA area who do not want metal in their mouths have a beautiful alternative at Richmond Family Dentistry. Dr. Olivia Hart places ceramic implants for healthy restorations with a natural appearance.
What is a metal-free ceramic dental implant?
An implant is an artificial device, shaped like a small screw, that replaces the root of a missing tooth. As the name indicates, it is implanted into jawbone, as opposed to sitting on top of gums. The implant becomes fused to the bone, forming a solid foundation for a dental crown, bridge, or implant-retained denture.
Ceramic dental implants differ from traditional titanium implants in both material and design. They are made of a super-strong dental ceramic with a white color and outstanding biocompatibility.
Ceramic implants: What benefits do they offer?
Benefits of ceramic implants for Glen Allen, VA patients include:
- Natural appearance - With ivory-colored dental implants, there is no gray color to show through thin gum tissue, and you will not develop a dark margin at the gumline, even if gums recede later in life.
- Bone preservation - Implants help to avoid bone resorption, which can give the face a pinched or sunken look.
- Bio-friendly - Risk of allergic reaction to the non-metal material is virtually nil, and it does not contribute to potential galvanic corrosion in the mouth.
- Comfort - Ceramic implants do not conduct heat or cold, so chance of sensitivity is minimal.
- Long-term success and oral health - The one-piece design eliminates the possibility of harmful pathogens accumulating at the junction of the implant and abutment. The material also discourages buildup of plaque, which can lead to implant failure and gum disease.
You do not have to choose between dental implant tooth replacement and metal-free mouth. Dr. Hart and her team at Richmond Family Dentistry bring you the best of both, with ceramic implants. Call (804) 381-6238 or email at email@example.com to schedule an appointment at our office on Ridgefield Parkway in Glen Allen, VA.