Charlottesville dentist offers cosmetic dentistry options for patients who are missing teeth
Losing your teeth can be a devastating experience and can have negative impact beyond the appearance of your smile. Tooth loss weakens the bone structure necessary to support existing teeth, and impairs your ability to eat or speak comfortably. Depending upon the severity of the condition, it may affect your facial structure and appearance.
Men and those over the age of 35 are more susceptible to total tooth loss. Other risk factors include:
- Insufficient daily home care
- Lack of regular exams and professional cleanings
- Smoking or use of other tobacco products
- Health conditions such as hypertension, rheumatoid arthritis, and diabetes may increase tooth loss
Tooth loss may also occur as the result of accidents, extractions, or other trauma. At Richmond Family Dentistry serving Richmond, Charlottesville, and nearby communities, Dr. Olivia Hart understands the importance of a healthy and happy smile. As a holistic dentist with more than 30 years of experience in dental care, Dr. Hart is dedicated to helping patients achieve optimal health and wellness. Accredited by the International Academy of Oral Medicine and Toxicology and certified in sedation dentistry, Dr. Hart focuses on long-term wellbeing and comfort.
Richmond Family Dentistry provides comprehensive family, cosmetic and restorative dental care services. If you are missing teeth, we offer several solutions:
- Partial and full dentures or false teeth have been around for years and restore aesthetics and function.
- Dental bridges are prosthetic teeth made of porcelain, which has the same characteristics as natural tooth enamel. They cover the gap left by missing teeth and are supported by surrounding teeth.
- Dental implants are the preferred method for restoring teeth because they restore or strengthen bone. Titanium posts are implanted and fuse naturally in the jaw, reducing the risk of further bone loss. Once bonded to the bone, an aesthetically pleasing crown is attached to blend in with surrounding teeth.
To discuss your options after tooth loss, contact our professional, compassionate, and friendly team at Richmond Family Dentistry.
Back to Cosmetic Dentistry Page