Replace missing teeth with dental implants in Charlottesville
Are you missing teeth? Do you find this keeps you from professional and social situations? Missing teeth can have a dramatic impact on a person’s self-esteem. Embarrassment and self-consciousness may cause people to withdraw and avoid interactions with others.
Missing teeth can result from disease, trauma, or extraction. Regardless of the reason, the excess space change oral structure, making daily tasks like chewing and proper oral hygiene difficult. At Richmond Family Dentistry, Dr. Olivia Hart offers patients dental implants to replace missing teeth and restore smiles.
Dental implants are permanent restorations that look and act like natural teeth. They are composed of titanium posts surgically placed in the jawbone. An “artificial tooth root,” the implant heals and eventually integrates into the patient’s bone. Dental implants are stable and have the strength of natural teeth. They are an excellent solution for replacing a single missing tooth, or an entire arch of teeth.
Once the implant is integrated, Dr. Hart covers it with a porcelain crown to complete the restoration. Your smile will look and feel natural.
Advantages of dental implants over other dental restorations include:
- Appearance – Dental implants are topped with a porcelain crown. Since porcelain has many of the same properties of tooth enamel, the resulting look is natural.
- Consistent results – Dental implants are predictable and have a high success rate among all of Dr. Hart’s patients.
- Strength – Because they become a supportive part of teeth structure, dental implants are stronger than crowns and bridges.
- Preserves remaining teeth – Other types of restorations require grinding down adjacent teeth. Dental implants eliminate this need.
- Lasting – Dental implants can be enjoyed for a lifetime.
Dental implants are a proven long-term solution to replace missing teeth. At Richmond Family Dentistry, our team understands the importance of helping you regain your confidence by restoring your smile. Dr. Hart and the team have years of experience placing dental implants. If you are in the Charlottesville area and are tired of hiding your smile, call the office today and schedule a consultation. Find out how dental implants can rejuvenate your smile.
Back to Dental Implants Page