- Restores missing teeth
- Patients of all ages can have dental implants
- Gives a complete smile
Patients who have struggled with tooth loss are not alone. Dr. Hart and Dr. Billingsley have seen patients of all ages who have lost teeth due to disease, extraction, trauma, or age. The loss of a tooth can result in a negative appearance, as well as the loss of self-confidence. Additionally, patients may find that their chewing and biting efficiency has changed dramatically, and may want to maintain the ability to chew, bite, and talk as they once did.
Choosing a way to restore a missing tooth can be overwhelming. There are many options available to patients, including dentures, dental bridges, and dental implants. One of the most highly recommended restorations for tooth loss is that of dental implants.
Dental implants are titanium posts that are integrated into the jawbone. These are surgically placed and are then completed with a dental crown on top to act as a false tooth. The dental implant acts like the root of a natural tooth, and is held strongly in place after the bone wraps around the implant over a period of several weeks (a process called osseointegration). Once this has occurred, the dental implant is just as strong and durable as a patient’s natural tooth.
Dental implants are highly recommended, and the right candidate will have sufficient bone structure underneath the gums to support the implant. This is where the tooth derives its strength and stability. Patients can use dental implants in conjunction with dentures to secure them in place, or can use them to place dental bridges when several teeth in a row are missing. Dr. Hart and Dr. Billingsley will discuss the options they have as well as whether they are a candidate for dental implants.
If you are interested in finding out the many ways that you can restore your smile after tooth loss, call Dr. Hart and Dr. Billingsley of Richmond, Virginia today to schedule your consultation and examination appointment. You will be able to learn about the various methods of maintaining a beautiful smile, and determine which solution is best for you, your lifestyle, and your budget. Do not hesitate; it is time to improve your smile and feel better about the way you look!
- Get Dental Implants Today Richmond - Get the information you need on dental implants today from your Richmond dentist
- Cost of Dental Implants Richmond - Richmond area dentist ways in on benefits and cost of dental implants
- Dental Implants Procedure Richmond - The dental implants procedure helps Richmond area patients who have missing teeth
- Best Dental Implants Richmond - The best solution for missing teeth is dental implants from your Richmond dentist
- Dental Implants Charlottesville - Replace missing teeth with dental implants in Charlottesville