Busy Richmond patients love efficient dental procedures like CEREC
For Dr. Olivia Hart, top priority with any of the dental procedures
she offers is quality service with beautiful results. When she can combine that core philosophy with techniques that save time for busy Richmond
area patients, it is a win-win! CEREC
technology is a terrific example.
CEREC is an acronym for CEramic REConstruction, or Chairside Economical Restoration of Esthetic Ceramics. Dr. Hart uses CEREC technology to precisely design and fabricate lustrous porcelain dental restorations,
while you wait.
If a tooth has a significant area of decay or trauma, you probably need a crown. A dental crown restores the shape and function of the tooth, and protects it from further damage. In the past, that meant two appointments, and favoring an interim crown for several weeks.
The CEREC technique begins in a similar fashion, with preparation of the tooth – removal of the damaged portion and shaping of the remaining structure to hold a crown. That is where the similarity ends:
- Next, Dr. Hart takes 3-D digital impressions of your mouth.
- CEREC's robust computer software transforms this information into a blueprint for your crown.
- Using that design, an in-house milling machine carves the crown from a solid block of strong, color-matched ceramic material.
- Dr. Hart utilizes a meticulous staining and firing method for a perfect blend with your natural dentition.
- The crown is cemented into place, and polished.
- In one visit, your smile is restored!
Committed to YOU!
Dr. Hart and her team at Richmond Family Dentistry are dedicated to bringing the healthy benefits of bio-friendly materials and dental procedures
to patients throughout the Greater Richmond
Region. She has invested in CEREC
equipment and training to improve the overall patient experience, as well. Schedule a visit to enjoy the convenience of long-lasting dental restorations, delivered same-day. The number is (804) 381-6238.